Monday, October 31, 2011

I've been trying to forget, to let go but it's hard to let go when everywhere I go I hear your echo. You are my shadow that follows me during the day and consumes me in the night. Shadows on my walls. Shadows on my bed. I sleep with a lamp on so that maybe it might shed some light on what I'm left here to deal with in solitude. Just tell me. I need to hear them from your perfectly formed lips that drip with sweet venom. Tell me you don't ever want to see me again. That you don't want to hear my voice. Tell me that you don't want my comfort, my understanding, my arms to hold you when you're down. I need to hear it.
Left without an explanation, I wonder. Am I really left or maybe just forgotten? Should I keep my patience and wait until you need me next? I feel so used but when I look into your bright eyes it doesn't seem to matter anymore because it all makes sense. And you feel it too, maybe that's why you run. You cant deny me once I spew my words that stick to you like some disease. I'm afraid that I'.m too good with my words at times. I don't want to change your mind, just to open your eyes. Maybe I should open mine. We need to see whats really there or not. All I know is I fell apart in your arms for the last time and I felt free to be who I am because of the things you told me.
I fear to show any signs of weakness to you for fear that you might consider it a terminal flaw and consider me too much of a risk. I wish you could see that this risk isn't much of importance to me. Life is lived just once and as long as we are making the most of it and trying that's all that should matter. (keyword: should) When one gives up the other helps, but when everyone gives up then life just becomes platonic. There are no lows but then are no highs. No love, no life lived. I'd rather live on the edge, see the view and see how far I have to fall than live in the plains and valley and never be able to see the horizon. But no matter where you are, the sun always sets. So we must put our faith in the moon which never leaves the sky but waits for its time to shine and shed its milky light upon us.
I am the moon and you are my eternal blazing sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment